Thursday, December 16, 2010

O Christmas Tree

Happy Friday! Happy weekend! I am getting sooooo excited about Christmas!!! My family and I finally got around to decorating this week, so now I’m really in the Christmas spirit!
Now that I am an expert on Christmas trees (note my authorship of the literary work “Where Did This Tree Come From?”) I am invited out on the family’s Christmas tree hunt and capture excursion. The whole family goes out and argues – um, I mean discusses – which tree is the best. Everyone has different tastes. Some people prefer a really fat tree, some like tall and slender, some like thick needles, some like long thin needles. I really don’t care what it looks like as long as it stays in one place once we put it in the house. Somehow we ended up with a really tall, fat Christmas tree.
Since my parents and brother have been so busy working as well as helping me promote my book, I volunteered myself and my friends to do the decorating. While it seemed like a good idea at the time, there proved to be some obstacles. The tree was very tall. My friends and I are not. Nothing can keep me from accomplishing that which I set out to do, so I grabbed a step ladder, some friends, and got to it!
Malcolm, Steve and Cali were the lucky kitties milling about the yard when I went out to recruit my tree decorators. While Malcolm tends not to be a whole lot of help, I can always count on Cali to be my right hand. First, we had to wrap the tree in a pretty tree skirt to keep it warm and hide the not so attractive container it was sitting in. Malcolm didn’t mind helping with that because it didn’t require much effort on his part.





Then it was time to start decorating. We decided to start from the top and work down, so Steve held the step ladder while Cali held me as I decorated - Malcolm sat and watched.




We had a hard time balancing three cats and a stepladder, so after a couple of efforts to decorate the top of the tree, we decided to focus our efforts on the more accessible bottom half.
We had fun adding color and shine to the beautiful tree. It didn’t take long before we had most of the tree – at least the bottom half – nicely covered. We stood back to admire our handiwork.





I think we did a pretty good job! The top looked a little sparse, but the bottom was rockin’.
I thanked my friends for their help and offered them some refreshments. I was then ready to move on to the next Christmas project - wrapping the presents! Once that’s done, I’ll be ready for Christmas.
Hope you are just about ready for the arrival of the best holiday of the year! Next week, Friday will be Christmas Eve!!! The countdown to Christmas begins!!!!!

Love & licks,
Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment