Saturday, March 13, 2010

My family shapes history!

Happy Friday! Happy Weekend! Today I have something very special, though there is a long story to go with it. My Mom and I were going through some of the paperwork from the shelter that they had given her when she adopted me. There was something in there that reminded me of a story my Mom used to tell me. Seems my family originally lived in France. My great, great, great, great (you get the idea – a really distant relative) grandfather, Pierre, used to hang out with his “three amigos”, Frederic (Freddy) Bartholdi- his master, Gustave (Gus-man) Eiffel and Maurice (Maury) Koechlin. One day they were sitting around knocking back a few and they decided they needed to get working on a project Freddy had been commissioned to do. Well, the whole time they were trying to draw the plans, my grandfather kept getting in the middle of things – walking on the papers, licking people’s faces and putting his butt up to be scratched – you know, cat stuff. Maury finally had enough and told Pierre if he was so interested in the project, he should do it. Now my family is an ambitious bunch and Pierre took him up on it. While the final product looks a little different, this was the first version that my grandfather - with the help of Freddy, Gus-man and Maury- presented to the French government. I guess my eye problem is hereditary.













I hope you enjoyed my story. I am very proud to be a part of history. Have a fabulous weekend – go through some old pictures and see what you find!



Ont un bon weekend.







L’amour et de baiseres,





Josie



Reconter des histoires de chat extraordinaire



No comments:

Post a Comment